Phoebus 625

Discussion in 'Phoebus' started by nmp, May 11, 2013.

1. nmp

nmp United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Found this stove with an Optimus 80 in a metal box with some crampons, an ice axe and a pair of climbing boots at a car boot sale! I wonder what tales they could tell.

Both stoves were covered in soot the Phoebus had a set of of spare washers a new jet and cleaning needle,I changed the cleaning needle and jet on the stove, cleaned her up and put in some fresh petrol and fired her up no problems! It was a bit nerve wracking as I am a little more cautious of the petrol stoves than the paraffin ones.

I was pleasantly surprised as to how quickly it boils an espresso.
    1368307571-pheobus625.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Hey, Nick,

Absolutely LOVELY, my friend!! Yes, indeed! Now THAT is one fine stove photo, and of a very fine stove, too!! Looks like you scored, bit time, at the boot sale, Mate!! Well done, and thanks for the great photo and story about how you came by this wonderful 625! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

P.S. I know I "owe" you something, Nick, but can't for the life of me remember what it was! Measurements of something? Photos? Both? Please send me a PT if you remember, as it's slid off my cracker, and I'm clueless... :oops: :oops: ;) :lol: :lol: Sorry.... for whatever it was!

3. Retro Camper

Retro Camper Subscriber

Nice stone nmp. Would like to see the axe, crampons and boots too if you get a minute.

4. Retro Camper

Retro Camper Subscriber

I mean nice stove!

5. nmp

nmp United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Sorry retro I did not buy the climbing gear with the stove.
    As far as I can remember the crampons were of a pressed steel type of thing as was the ice axe.

The name on the trunk was Davidson in case it was anyone well known in climbing circles but I somehow doubt it!
    Cheers Nick