Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dan Webb's Golden Submarine - what's happening?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldandkrusty, Nov 11, 2007.

1. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I looked all over the SEMA show hoping to see Dan Webb's completed version of the old Barney Oldfield "Golden Submarine." Since I saw the chassis at the Autorama I have been drooling just in anticipation of what the finished car would look like. A pure work of art, no doubt.

However, no such car was anywhere to be seen! Anyone have any further skinny on this fantastic piece of machinery in the disguise of art???

2. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Nobody has any updates on this fantastic build???

3. I think a Webb family member had some serious health problems,
    which took priority over the car.

Ashley Webb posted about it a few weeks ago.

4. jdubbya

jdubbya

Unkl Ian is correct, Dan's father is in very poor health, and he has been spending alot more time with him. I spoke with Dan about a month ago, and he said that he was gonna miss SEMA. You can really tell that his fathers health was weighing heavy on him, he just wasnt his usual self.

5. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Unk, and jdubbya, thanks fro the update. Sorry to hear about Dan's father. I know that can knock you back. Hope things work out for Dan and his pop.

6. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Heres a few pictures I took at autorama, this this is amazing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Damn, that chassis is amazing.

8. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Hi guys
    This is Ashley, Dans daughter
    I posted this last month on here: The car is being worked on but due to the grave condition of my grandfather (my dads father) the car won't make it to Sema being we can't leave my gradfathers side.. Thank you for your concers and we promise we won't let you Miller fans down... Thanks for the kind words... And the new lastest project I can't tell you what it is but were very excitied... I just love going to my dads shop... :D :cool: I hope you all live eveyday to the fullest because I've really learned alot about caring people in hospice...

The car is coming along very well, we worked on it all day today.. Can't wait for you guys to see some of the new details and just crazy genius stuff never done before.. Keep your eyes open not posting any new pictures keeping it under wraps... You all will have to come see it hopefaully in Detroit in raw metal...

Thanks for the support we really appreciate it
    we got some really exctiting things were going to be coming out with.. Keep your eyes open and closer to it's debut I'll post pictures and telling you all where it's going to be...:cool:
    O and btw check out the cool little black roadster in the Street Rodder Mag calender on March it's a pretty nice car for a girl I think (it's mine) ... :)

9. Ashley,thanks for updating us at such a difficult time.Family always comes 1rst.We also know that the car will be worth any wait.Remember if you need us,the HAMB family is only a post or PM away.

10. Ash,

Take care, thoughts and prayers from my family

11. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Ashley, My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this hour of need.

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Our prayers and best wishes go out to your family and friends.

13. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks to all for the kind words and support...

Ashley Webb

14. Steve Grimes

Steve Grimes

My thoughts are with Dan and his family as they endure this awful family tragedy.

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ran into Dan at Home Depot recently. Pops isn't getting any better and it's really taking it's toll on both Dan and Ashley. He still tells me every time I see him to stop over and check things out. Even with all this going on, he still makes time for friends. Quite a guy.
    Oh yeah, that Ashley chick is ok, too.

16. Thanks for the updates, sorry to hear that your (grand)father isn't doing well Ashley and Dan. Thinking good thoughts for you guys.

17. superleggera

superleggera

I wish I could make it to Detroit -- but I'm sure I will see it at SEMA next year once painted/finished. Seeing what hopefully will be a true masterpiece in "bare metal" only showcases the fabricator(s) talents more and true engineering involved in building. I'm glad to hear that "family" has the priority still over getting this car finished. All of us enthusiast all can wait a bit longer until it's finished...

18. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Ashley Webb

we promise the sub will be worth the wait

19. ash

ash
    from Detroit

20. ash

ash
    from Detroit

See you at SEMA with the car :)