Daihatsu Midget II D Type [Premium] 1998

• Thread starter DJTHEKING
  • 19 comments
Canada
Canada
daihatsu-midget-3.jpg

I think the time has come :sly:

( I search'd and didn't found another thread like this one :D)

Azure Flare
03e76b84a7.jpg

1996-Daihatsu-Midget-Ii_3.jpg

(wat)

The legendary status (Well, with some on GTP.) and fanbase of the Midget II should make it worthy of the next-gen upgrade that it deserves.

It's been a part of the series since it was first included in GT2, missed from GT3, and has been in every GT title ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daihatsu-Midget-II-3.jpg

Thanks to draconian import laws, bringing one over here and getting it registered and insured is harder than getting a gun.

I would really love to get one in the USA, but I'll have to wait until 2021 (for a 1996 model, 2023 for a 1998 model like this one) before the Daihatsu Midget II has a chance to pass for roadway use here (....because of that ridiculous 25-year import rule).
If I get that by then and even with the 25-year rule is still not legal on the roads due to being classified as a Kei-car, I might as well head up north to Canada (Where as of now any 1999 or older Imports, even Kei-Cars, can be driven on the roadways. This is due to a less strict 15-year Import rule there).

Last edited:
Saw one of these at Japfest once. Had some big Piaa spotlights on the front and the guy had just filled the bed up with useless junk for the lulz. Trust me, these live up to the name.

"Midget Is Love, Midget Is Life"

This + the Cargo Van Varint = The Ultimate "Trolling" Simulator
Just need to max everything out and add a rear wing and test it to a nordschliffe free roam lobby lol. "Be pasm em stock m3s all day." XD

....Before my PS3 conked out on me this week, I've been on an EPIC CHALLENGE featuring this little gem, on all the tracks in the game: Complete a lap without using brakes.
Harder than it sounds, actually - building enough speed for a straight then tapering off all that pace for a turn ain't a thing for a faint of heart.
I did Bathurst, Suzuka, Midfield, and was about to hit Nurburg 24h......:indiff:

Back