SG 38 Glider - Xpl11/12 Mod

There is one older SG 38 model (year 2010, X-plane 9) available for download. Since the 3D model itself is not bad even today, I tried to remake the texture to 2x higher resolution and with new details.
It wasn't pretty without the pilot, so I added the pilot model. The changes in the flight model were also useful - the addition of a fuselage with adjustable drag for more realistic gliding and dock ports for winch launch and towing. The original gliders had no instruments, but today they fly replicas with several added instruments. So I tried adding them. There was also a version with a gondola, so I created this as well and put the devices there as well.

Inspirational video:

Original model:

And some screenshots of 2 versions with instruments:

sg38_01.jpg

sg38_02.jpg

sg38_03.jpg

sg38_04.jpg

Edited by Milan Lisner
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MatthewM said:

Are these enhancements going to be released?

I think it would be suitable for release now. Before, I only had 2D instruments there and that was not to my liking. Now that I have created new 3D instruments for the A-102 model, I have used the new knowledge for the SG 38 and it looks the way I originally wanted.

• 1 month later...

The original model of the pilot ( default X-Plane model ) has headphones on his head. That doesn't really fit this model. Finally, I came up with a trick to remove them, without editing the 3D model.
I also added belts to the pilot. I also improved the textures a bit.

The X-Plane 11 version works fine. For X-Plane 12, I slightly adjusted the flight dynamics and also the position and weight of the pilot - this is done differently there than before.
So it looks like I will be able to publish it

sg-38_mod_2.jpg

sg-38_mod_1.jpg

Edited by Milan Lisner
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...