Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2016 Error mesage "IIS is not running as the default web server "

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2371 Views, 7 Replies

Vault 2016 Error mesage "IIS is not running as the default web server "

Hi,

After a year of using Vault basic 2016 with no problems at all I star getting  a message :"IIS is not running as the default web server " after every attempt to start the Vault server or any of the Vault clients.

I am running Win 10 Professional 64,Vault Basic 2016,Microsoft SQL server 2012 .Everything with the Vault ,IIS,and SQL server seems to be OK.

After a short surf on the web I found that my problem is actually not the IIS services but the SQL Server (AUTODESKVAUL) services witch for some reason is not running.

When start the service manually everything is back to normal up and running as always .

My question is what is preventing the SQL service(AUTODESKVAUL) to start as usual ?

The SQL service(AUTODESKVAUL) startup type is set to Automatic.

I have tried a reinstallation of the Vault Server and the Vault client with no effect.1.JPG5.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG14.JPG15.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok . After a short period of waiting for help and most importantly-thinking 🙂 I solved the problem.The solution : SQL Server (AUTODESKVAULT) services starting type is Automatic(Manual) instead of Automatic . Still don't know way and how  it have been changed to Automatic but now everything with my Vault  is OK.

Thank you very much to my self and because it will be inappropriate to put some Kudo-s to me a good pint of Ale will do the job.

Message 3 of 8
stefanbergsten

Hi, I had the same problem, and Your post helped me solve it in 5 minutes. Thank You very much and 100 Kudos from me!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: stefanbergsten

Thank you! Because it is my first "kudo" it is actually worth more  than 100.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I have same problem. Installed a bunch of Windows updates (many) that were pending, completely screwed up computer, was forced to do a system restore to a point when Vault was still working (or so I thought). This is Vault Basic Server 2017 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit, installed locally. Now I can't log into Vault at all, and in fact the list of Vaults available to log into is blank.Vault List.JPG

I have set the SQL Server (AUTODESK VAULT) to Manual as suggested, no luck.

SQL Server Settingd.JPG 

When I try to start these services, I get this:

SQL Server Error Start.jpg

When I try through Control Panel to Repair or Reinstall Vault Basic 2017 (Server) it gives me following:

Vault Server Repair Error.jpg

When I check Default Web server I see this:

Default IIS Web Site.JPG

When I check IIS by typing in "localhost" in Windows Explorer, I get this (which I think is correct and latest version):IIS7.jpg

This was all working just fine before the debacle with the Windows Updates, System Restore. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong, or suggest another solution??

BTW, this may sound like I know what I am talking about, but I assure you I don't - this is just a report of observations I gathered I needed to check by Googling the issue and checking this forum. I pretty much don't have a clue as to what most of this means.

Please help. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi. I am sure that you will get a very specific solution to your problem from all the Windows software experts in this forum. I am not one of them . My connections to Windows are to the point where the Autodesk programs , for which I pay a good amount of money are running smoothly. So from my experience I will go to 2 options:

1. Install new Win 10 Pro 64 .Don't loose time and money to repair a broken windows. You probably will get to the point when every thing is up and running but I don't think it will be a most pleasant experience you ever have.Win 10 Pro is a very stable and it is working just fine with all Autodesk products ( I am using 9 of those).

2.Restore your system to more earlier point .It probably will solve your problem but be ready to receive those problematic for your system updates to any near feature.

3.It is just a suggestion . Change the type of the SQL AutodeskVault services from Manual ( on your screenshot) to Automatic ( Services->SQL Server (AutodeskVault) ->right click ->Properties -> Automatic ) and ( Services->SQL Server Agent (AutodeskVault) ->right click ->Properties -> Automatic).

From Programs and Features reinstall Autodesk Vaut Server. Restart.

Message 7 of 8
ingenierocarlos.alvarez

Same happend to me and I find out your solution that did work perfectly, another kudo for you my friend, a lot of thanks.

Message 8 of 8

I've seen some cases where services set to Automatic startup did not always start upon machine reboot.  

In those instances, changing the startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start) seemed to have corrected the issue.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report